Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm sad and it's Labor Day Weekend!!

Current Mood: Heartbroken


So my current favorite author Stephenie Meyer was planning on writing the last book of the Twilight universe (everyone hoped there would eventually be more but for now this was the last of it) called Midnight Sun. It was to be Twilight, but from Edward's perspective. I read the first chapter that she had on her website and it was amazing. Twilight is tied with New Moon as my favorite book of the series and this first chapter of Midnight Sun made me think it was going to be better than any of them. So there was no release date for the book, but Stephenie told us she had 12 chapters finished and was planning on getting back to writing it after the Breaking Dawn craziness calmed down. I knew I was going to have to wait for it, but I figured it was going to be amazing and I already knew most of the story from Twilight, so I could wait.


Now it's on hold indefinately! Someone (Stephenie won't tell us because she knows her fans will tear that person apart!!) leaked the unfinished manuscript onto the internet and Stephenie is so upset that she can't continue writing it right now and doesn't know when or if she will.

Here is a link to her website and her statement on the issue. She has posted the partial manuscript so fans don't have to illegally go out and read it and I'm torn. If she does get around to finishing it then I don't want to read this version, but if she doesn't and this is the only thing out there... I have to read it right??


I wonder a bit if this is some type of publicity thing or something for her to put out there so she can work on it in peace, but then I can't see her posting the unfinished product on her site and this is creating even more controversy. I don't know what to think or do. Knowing myself I'm sure I'll read it. I bet I can hold out for about 2 or 3 weeks and then my curiosity (or I guess obsession) will take over and I'll read it.


I've ranted now time for food...

ODD FACT:

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

No comments: