Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm trying to stay up-to-date...

Currently watching: The Olympics (only 2 more days left)

Ok, so last weekend Jason come to town from Vegas (he is a mutual friend through my friend Sarah) so we hung out with him all weekend playing the Wii and drinking some beer. Myra came down Saturday night and hung out with us as well. The Wii is really fun, but you get tired from all that moving around. If you haven't tried it yet - you must. It's lots of fun. I love the Tennis (although I'm not very good at it...) and Boxing is fun, but you wear out quickly playing it. Sunday we got together for brunch with the guys before Jason had to head back to Vegas. Then we went back to Sarah's and swam in the pool for several hours. My tan is getting pretty good from all the sun I've seen this year. I've managed to spend more time at the beach and by the pool this year. YAY!! Before Myra left I had to help her with her Myspace page (she is really new to it...) and uploading some music to her computer.

The Outside Sales DVD release party at the House of Blues (on Sunset) this last Wednesday:
So this feature film I worked on about 3 years ago finally went to DVD and they had a fun release party for it. Free bar and a red carpet entrance. It was fun at first and then I talked to all the people I knew (about 6 total) and had a few drinks and then I was bored. Blayne and Brandon (the guys that created it) are great, but they had to make the rounds and talk to everyone and Sarah had to work, so I ended up leaving after about an hour and a half because I got tired of trying to strike up conversations with people I hadn't seen in about 3 years (except the 2 or 3 that I saw at the screening of their 2nd movie - Weather Girl). It was a good experience, but it would have been better if I had a "wingman."

Today's excitement:
It was my friend Dave from work's 40th birthday, so I got him a little chocolate cake and a few of us took him to lunch. It was a fun little afternoon outing... I even got some pictures.
Pavel and Dave (the birthday boy)



Pavel, Dave, Tom, and Kyle (in my sunglasses)



Then I went to the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences building for a great gallery exhibit on set decoration. They had most of the set decorators there from the new Mummy movie, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Get Smart, Iron Man, and a few others. They spoke to us about decorating the sets for the movies and we got to ask questions and talk to them afterwards. It was great! Follow this link to see some more information and some pictures of the sets that were on display.

I'm off to the LA Zoo tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll have pictures from that.

Oh, on a side note...
FACEBOOK - I'm addicted to the flair application. You know the little buttons that say things. I could search on there forever... Just one of my favorites (there are way way too many...): By the way it says "Suck it France" in case it's hard to read.
ODD FACT:
Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.

No comments: